We’re excited to introduce…
The Social Media Minute
What? The Social Media Minute is a video series of short segments offering social media tips and answers to your questions about using social media for business.
When? Every other week
Why? The Why is the fun part. After all, we need a why for everything we do in business right? There are so many reasons why video is a must for business that this answer requires a list:
- We recommend using Video to our clients in social media strategies. We like to use everything we recommend to our clients to lead by example and to make sure we understand all the opportunities, kinks and challenges.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine behind Google.
- The Average American spends 15 minutes per day on YouTube.
- We know that video is impactful. If a picture tells 1,000 words, how many does a video tell?
- We want a forum to answer your questions in a mode more personal than a blog post.
- Time effectiveness. Everyone wants information fast. Video offers the medium where you can provide answers in a fun and efficient manner.
How? We create our videos using a Flip camera and a tripod with particular concern to the lighting and the surrounding sound. We seek out interesting settings with an unique background. Sometimes we film in our office. The places are usually a part of our daily business routine. We pick subjects from questions that we hear most often. (Yes, we know there are higher end camera options than the Flip, but for the price and the quality. We like Flip.)
How Did You Start? You might have noticed a few video blog posts popping up on Square Martini Media lately. Three months ago, we quietly launched a 90 day pilot of The Social Media Minute. We hired summer interns specifically to help with this initiative. Since then, we’ve tried many things including various cameras, software techniques, background images, lighting changes, subject changes, filming variations, posting variations. Like everything else in social media, we’ll continue to try other ideas and we have a lot of exciting things on our list for the next few months.