I don’t work for Blog World Expo…
It really did….
And if you are a business owner who wants to learn more about Social Media and you’ve been looking for a one-stop learning experience where you can immerse yourself in an environment and really understand what the Social Media industry is all about, well folks, this is the one. Not to mention you get the bonus opportunity to learn all about podcasting because Blog World Expo merged with New Media Expo this year too (the premier conference for podcasters).
Prior to Blog World Expo ’08, I had a very solid understanding of Social Media and I was already using many of the tools. However, once I attended Blog World Expo, my knowledge level jettisoned and I was quite certain within hours of arriving in Las Vegas that I would be working in this industry for the rest of my life.
Social Media is such an obvious must-add to your marketing toolbox. You may remember that I have a business background. I’m a CPA and an MBA. I’ve been working in Business for 20 years. At the time I attended Blog World Expo last year, my focus was business consulting and executive coaching. It was so obvious that Social Media was such a “must-have” for all of my clients that it seemed it would be a crime not to add it to my company’s list of offerings. I decided on the spot that I would study and drink this industry like kool aid and do my best to become a subject matter expert in Social Media Strategy.
But enough about me. Why am I writing this post and why should YOU go to Blog World Expo? I don’t want you to miss this terrific learning experience that only comes along once each year.
This year’s conference takes place at the Las Vegas Convention Center and has over 200 speakers, over 85 sessions with many different specialty tracks to choose from. A special 20% discount code “Tweet20” is available through Sept 20 for early registrants.
Blog World Expo confirmed the following key points for me last year:
- Social Media is filled with smart, educated, authentic, genuine people who are passionate about what they do.
- These people are generous and excited and willing to teach you and help advance your learning.
- Nothing can replace face-to-face interaction and “making friends in the blogosphere” means making connections in person as well as virtually (i.e., leaving blog comments on other peoples blogs).
- The Social Media Industry moves fast and everyone is still learning. Great people are and will be learning right beside you! People like Gary Vaynerchuk, Brian Clark, Mari Smith, Dave Taylor, Tim Ferriss, Mike Shinoda, Chris Brogan, Warren Whitlock, Doyle Albee, Denise Wakeman, and SOOOO many more!
- Twitter is an amazing tool and promotes an interactive, fast paced experience at conferences like none I’d ever experienced before.
- The Power of the Tweetup is amazing and is demonstrated right before your eyes.
- There was a whole community in San Diego that I needed to embrace and meet. The Social Media San Diego landscape was an unknown one to me that I would discover because of Blog World Expo. Since last year, I’ve met hundreds of people because Blog World Expo opened my eyes to the power of social media connecting. This is true not just in San Diego but in many cities all over the world.
So, yes Blog World Expo changed my life forever. Since returning a year ago, I launched Square Martini Media, started a social network, launched 2 new blogs, started 2 new internet radio shows/podcasts, became a keynote speaker on social media, attended at least 10 other social media seminars, read countless books, read what seems like millions of blogposts and sent over 8,500 tweets, met and now love the San Diego Social Media and San Diego Twitterati scenes, formed countless relationships due to social media. My love affair with social media grows daily and I’m oh so thankful.
How can you not attend? 😉
I know I can’t wait to get there and see everyone I met last year at #BWE09 and make new friends this year!