LinkedIn membership has more than doubled in the last year going from 14 million users in October 2007 to over 30 million in October 2008! The average age for LinkedIn users is 41, with all the top Fortune 500 business decision makers having LinkedIn accounts.
- Networking – Clearly the more active you are on LinkedIn the more exposure you have. This brings you more clients and referrals
- LinkedIn Search People – Who are you looking for? You are only one, possibly two, LinkedIn connections away from your next large customer.
- LinkedIn Answers – With LinkedIn, you have the ability to ask questions and get answers from the entire LinkedIn Network.
- LinkedIn Profile – Your profile is a great way for people to remember who you are as well as what you look like. Having your picture and information current is an excellent way for people to identify with you at a future event. Viewing someone’s profile while following up via phone gives you a great advantage since you can instantly identify ways to engage them in the conversation.
- LinkedIn Recommendations – With LinkedIn, you can receive ongoing testimonials. When your clients and vendors give you recommendations, you gain instant credibility.
- Google Search – We are now in a time where most people will do a Google search for your name and company before deciding on a purchase. Your LinkedIn profile along with the recommendations from your clients and vendors will be near the top of any search on your name clearly adding to your credibility.
- LinkedIn Groups – LinkedIn gives you the ability to create and join groups. The ability to join groups with likeminded people or your target market gives you a great advantage as well as increases your exposure to potential clients and referrals.
So can you really make money by using LinkedIn? Check out this great article on LinkedIn’s Blog “I’ve made millions of dollars through LinkedIn”. You can’t afford not to be in this network!
If this 7 Top Reasons LinkedIn is a Must Have for Your Business still hasn’t convinced you that participating in LinkedIn is worth your time post a comment because we would love to hear your reasoning. If you have a great success story with LinkedIn please share it by leaving a comment!
Although an essential element Square Martini Media considers LinkedIn just one factor in your overall social media business strategy.